Trouble keeping a clown trigger

nlatta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had trouble keeping a clown trigger. They always are totally fine swimming and eating then a week in or so they act weird then die or I just find them dead. Does anyone else have the same problem? I'm on number 3 right now and don't know what the heck to do. I really want to keep one but am not sure what to do.

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are definitely people here who can help you get to the bottom of this, but can you answer a few questions for clarification?

How big and old is your tank?
Can you post your parameters?
What other fish do you have in your system, and how are they doing?
Are you getting the fish from the same source each time?

NoLarvatusplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown triggers are super hardy.Somethings either off with parameters or the way the fish was caught is suspect.Chemically stunned for eg.

Jeff Austif

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had clown triggers over the years. I had one in a FOWLR tank that lived for 9 years. I believe they are one of the most bulletproof fish you can buy fresh or saltwater. There is an underlying condition. What other fish do you have? Are they doing well? I would think with as much bullying it would take to kill a triggerfish you would have noticed. Are you buying them from the same store?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back