Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about using Triton detox to lower my levels of nickel, cobalt, zink and copper but I cant find any info on what it does.

Metasorb and others list what they are supposed to absorb and what quantities it suppose to remove.. but I cant find anything about Triton detox.

Does it remove all types of metals?

What about base-parameters will they be affected? Thinking of kh, ca, mg and so on.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of these sorts of products remove different metals to different extents. A simple list doesn't tell what will be removed any more than a list of cities and towns in the US tells where peopel live.

Detox is a soluble organic material that binds ions, and as it is skimmed out, will export those metals.

None of these methods will have any significant impact on alkalinity, and calcium and magnesium are present at so vastly higher concentration that, on a percentage basis, they aren't removed much either.

OP
OP
D

Dimorb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of these sorts of products remove different metals to different extents. A simple list doesn't tell what will be removed any more than a list of cities and towns in the US tells where peopel live.

Detox is a soluble organic material that binds ions, and as it is skimmed out, will export those metals.

None of these methods will have any significant impact on alkalinity, and calcium and magnesium are present at so vastly higher concentration that, on a percentage basis, they aren't removed much either.
Thank you for your respons.

Triton claims the metals gets removed by the carbon not skimmer.

I cant find any information online on what metals it will remove other than lead and copper. Do anyone have experience with Triton detox and information from ICP before/after dosage?

@Randy Holmes-Farley I used ALOT of metasorb, 10 packages, one package treats 2000-3000 liter and the system is 2000 liter, to lower zink in the system and some of the corals look better than ever and my balling consumption went up 30% after the dosage but I cant keep adding metasorb and I cant find anything adding metals to the system.

All pumps, streamers and returns are tripple checked.
No magnets inside the aquarium.
Due to a good connection to ICP company I've had all dosing products tested. None of them are the source.
I dont change water - only dose single trace elements when needed.

Where could I look / search further?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton claims the metals gets removed by the carbon not skimmer.

It may go that route as well.

What levels do you have?

OP
OP
D

Dimorb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get different values from different ICP companies. Using Reef factory, ATI, Marinlab and Triton. So values are approx.

Nickel 13 ug/l
Zinc 23 ug/l
Cobalt 4,1 ug/l

Cobalt went up since last time.

Zinc lowered with 10 ug/l since last time.

Nickel lowered with 1-2 ug/l since last time.

After zinc went down with 10 ug/l the corals looks much better. That's why I want to get all of them down to NSW levels.

CLICK TO VIEW

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always hard to know what levels are optimal. If the corals look better, lowering it seems appropriate, but bear in mind you may also be lowering ions that are normal or even low already.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Corals.com
Back