Triton Core 7 Triton Method - Need #1 or another brand equivalent?

Travis Warren

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering if I xan use another Magnesium admixture instead of Triton #1.? I been using Triton for over 5 years with great results but my dosing pump over time used more #1 admixture then the other 3. Triton doesn't sell individual admixture so I am thinking of using another Magnesium brand until I get caught up with my remaining Triton admixture. Has any did this?
@Triton, why not sell the 3 or 4 part admixture separately for cases like mine?

Top Shelf Aquatics

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about some help here please :)

AS

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused. How did you run out? By dosing too much of one? I'd just wait for the others to catch up, if that's the case, since those components likely rose in the water.

"Core7 Base Elements uses a 1:1 ratio - for every 1mL of Part 1 you use, you should be using 1mL of Part 2, Part 3A, & Part 3B."

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See this thread, might be of help.

OP
OP
Travis Warren

Travis Warren

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused. How did you run out? By dosing too much of one? I'd just wait for the others to catch up, if that's the case, since those components likely rose in the water.

"Core7 Base Elements uses a 1:1 ratio - for every 1mL of Part 1 you use, you should be using 1mL of Part 2, Part 3A, & Part 3B."
Randy, I had my dos dosing the same or I thought so but admixture 1 was getting dos about twice the others. However my levels are good so I ended up buying the set again to refill #1. Now u have a complete set of 2, 3A and 3B. So it would be great to buy individually.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, I had my dos dosing the same or I thought so but admixture 1 was getting dos about twice the others. However my levels are good so I ended up buying the set again to refill #1. Now u have a complete set of 2, 3A and 3B. So it would be great to buy individually.

OK, but I'm not sure what parameters you are meauring to say the values are great. I suspect if you did not dose magnesium for a while it would still qualify as great. It declines very slowly.

If it does seem to decline when not dosing it, then any mag supplement is OK for a while.

OP
OP
Travis Warren

Travis Warren

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, but I'm not sure what parameters you are meauring to say the values are great. I suspect if you did not dose magnesium for a while it would still qualify as great. It declines very slowly.

If it does seem to decline when not dosing it, then any mag supplement is OK for a while.
Randy thanks and that was my main concern since triton states they have micro admixture in 1 and 2. Thank you for confirming. I keep buying and dosing the same parts now. So I will wait on dosing part 1 until it drops.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230213_112508_APEXFusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213_112508_APEXFusion.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Travis Warren

Travis Warren

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See this thread, might be of help.
Thanks for the article. I will call unique coral and see if they have an extra 1 I could by.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would not do that. You already added (overdosed) all the other ions that such a mix will include, so now you would be doubling up on those.

Doubling those in the short term not likely any concern, but also not necessarily a benefit.

OP
OP
Travis Warren

Travis Warren

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would not do that. You already added (overdosed) all the other ions that such a mix will include, so now you would be doubling up on those.

Doubling those in the short term not likely any concern, but also not necessarily a benefit.
Randy Thanks.

I used more #1 over the past 12 months after I moved to a new home. I have did water changes since I went from a 140 gallon to 280 gallon tank and had some cycles over the past year. In some cases fighting algae outbreaks i changed and cleaned the sandbed with about 100 gallon change out. I bought a triton test to send off to double check parameters. I will follow back up when I get them back.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tunze
Back