Trident steering far from Calibration Reference Point.

jayteerq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi guys. I noticed my trident started coasting away from its usual numbers so I verified with my Hanna Checker. Numbers were a little off so I recalibrated using the Hanna results as a reference. I noticed with the next test the trident does, my numbers swing completely out of wack again. I tried priming and resetting all lines and recalibrating again. Then boom, the next test the numbers are all out of wack again. What can be wrong?
IMG_8016.png

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had this happen about a month ago. No matter how much a calibrated it would read off soon after. I did a factory reset. Let it test a full day cycle then recalibrated and it's been good now.

OP
OP
jayteerq

jayteerq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had this happen about a month ago. No matter how much a calibrated it would read off soon after. I did a factory reset. Let it test a full day cycle then recalibrated and it's been good now.
Awesome, ill give this a shot, thanks!

jaayy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You might want to try manually resetting the steering system or checking for any debris that might be affecting its sensors? Sometimes recalibrating from a different starting point can help too.

OP
OP
jayteerq

jayteerq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You might want to try manually resetting the steering system or checking for any debris that might be affecting its sensors? Sometimes recalibrating from a different starting point can help too.
Sorry for the bother, but how may one reset the stirring system? Or where the sensor is?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this happen to me once where I had calibrated the trident with my tank water and a test immediately after calibration went back to around the original value. I eventually speculated (whether I’m right or not I still don’t know for a absolute fact) that if I did a calibration that had a large difference from the previous value it would ignore the calibration. I ended up calibrating it several time taking smaller steps each time and in the end it got me back to the proper value. It sucked to have to waste the reagent to calibrate multiple times but it did end up working for me.

OP
OP
jayteerq

jayteerq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had this happen to me once where I had calibrated the trident with my tank water and a test immediately after calibration went back to around the original value. I eventually speculated (whether I’m right or not I still don’t know for a absolute fact) that if I did a calibration that had a large difference from the previous value it would ignore the calibration. I ended up calibrating it several time taking smaller steps each time and in the end it got me back to the proper value. It sucked to have to waste the reagent to calibrate multiple times but it did end up working for me.
Funny because that seems like my case. It just went back to original value. I think I’ll try a factory reset to see if I can save reagent

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back