Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have unused full bottles of reagent A, without the matching B/C reagents. I want to switch to ABC reagents, but before doing that I want to utilize the remaining A.

Can I simply fill the B/C bottle with RODI water and put in the new A bottles to at least monitor Alk until my A runs out? Of coz the Ca/mg readings will be garbage but Alk should be good? Has anyone tried it or am I going to damage the equipment by doing that?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have unused full bottles of reagent A, without the matching B/C reagents. I want to switch to ABC reagents, but before doing that I want to utilize the remaining A.

Can I simply fill the B/C bottle with RODI water and put in the new A bottles to at least monitor Alk until my A runs out? Of coz the Ca/mg readings will be garbage but Alk should be good? Has anyone tried it or am I going to damage the equipment by doing that?
define unusually full.....% of bottle? , maybe something is wrong with the trident and how its testing. I normally have 10-15% left and it goes right in the trash per instructions by Neptune.

How much do you have leftover ?

OP
OP
L

linjuncheung

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
define unusually full.....% of bottle? , maybe something is wrong with the trident and how its testing. I normally have 10-15% left and it goes right in the trash per instructions by Neptune.

How much do you have leftover ?
I lost tracks and have no idea why I have couple full bottles of reagent A. Maybe it’s because I misplaced B and C.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

areefer01

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If I understand correctly you have a few reagent A bottles left over and would like to use them before making a switch to aftermarket. In doing so you would fill up B and C with RODI water and run tests.

The problem is that B and C tests will fail and give an error. I don't remember if the testing cycle continues but you will get an out of range error. Or so I believe.

If you are making the switch just properly dispose of the existing reagents, clean out the bottles, and carry on. That is what I would do if I was in your position.

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back