+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am finalizing my new aquarium and am starting to think about the transfer method of my fish and corals.

I don't have any current visible diseases but for shure there is Ick in my current tank. I would love to give it a shot and try to eliminate ick. So the Percula's will go into quarantine.
I know how to do the quarantine and have everything ready for the fish.... but.

My 2 Percula's are hosting an anemone and I do not have experience with a Percula+anemone transfer.

The goal is to get the anemone loose from the rock and transfer is on its own. It will be quarantined in a different tank with its own methods.
The Percula will be transferred and quarantined on the same period.

Does anybody have experience with this? Do Percula's have problems with finding the host anemone after a long periode of not seeing it? Do I need to do something like put them together in a tank after quarantine and before going to the new tank? Are Percula's more susceptible to problems when they are not fed by the anemone's slime?

Are there any tips to make this the best transfer for the Percula and anemone?

Thanks!

CLICK TO VIEW

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am finalizing my new aquarium and am starting to think about the transfer method of my fish and corals.

I don't have any current visible diseases but for shure there is Ick in my current tank. I would love to give it a shot and try to eliminate ick. So the Percula's will go into quarantine.
I know how to do the quarantine and have everything ready for the fish.... but.

My 2 Percula's are hosting an anemone and I do not have experience with a Percula+anemone transfer.

The goal is to get the anemone loose from the rock and transfer is on its own. It will be quarantined in a different tank with its own methods.
The Percula will be transferred and quarantined on the same period.

Does anybody have experience with this? Do Percula's have problems with finding the host anemone after a long periode of not seeing it? Do I need to do something like put them together in a tank after quarantine and before going to the new tank? Are Percula's more susceptible to problems when they are not fed by the anemone's slime?

Are there any tips to make this the best transfer for the Percula and anemone?

Thanks!
I wouldn’t QT the two separately, you can QT percula’s and anemones with eachother as long as you don’t use anything that may harm the Anemone (Copper is a big one that harms them).

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ultimate Corals
Back