Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a quiet self-priming diaphragm pump (ideally plug in with hose thread) that I can use to move water and mix salt for 24 hrs. My current pump is located about 1-ft above my 55-gal drums but it's too loud/hot to run for more than 30 minutes. Recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nutramar Foods

theatrus

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a quiet self-priming diaphragm pump (ideally plug in with hose thread) that I can use to move water and mix salt for 24 hrs. My current pump is located about 1-ft above my 55-gal drums but it's too loud/hot to run for more than 30 minutes. Recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
You’re not going to get much volume with diaphragm pumps, or they’re going to be loud. Not much you can do about their intrinsic design.

Best bet is probably still drill in bulk heads in the bottom of each container and use any external circulation pump.

OP
OP
J

Jack20120

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so I need to set it up to use the tank head above the location of the pump? Any recommendations for an ultra quiet external circulation pump? Thanks.

If I'm just mixing/aerating can I get a submersible pond pump and sent it up to a tube at the top of the barrel (basically just pump the water 4 ft up and pour back into the air head above the water line)? I'm trying to leaving my saltwater mixing for 24 hrs without dealing with noise or heat.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
J

Jack20120

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current transfer pump is pulling up 3-ft above water lvl - pulling from my salt or DI bath depending on the valve configuraiton. It's loud and hot, so i'd rather not run it over night in my basement to mix.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Join the movement!
Back