+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so got a torch 2 days ago params are
8.4 alk
1.025 salinity
469 calcium
phosphate 0.1-0.2
nitrate 50 <--- not sure if this is a false reading of nitrite cause i have done MANY water changes and it just keeps going up i have 0 fish i don't feed the tank
mag like 1300-1400

tank is 3 months old doing a water change very soon just need it too heat up

it was big and bushy when i got it and yesterday but today its refusing to open up

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light too strong perhaps. Try a darker area or lower down in the tank. Do you have any other livestock (coral/inverts) in the tank?
1 snail the light is a ai prime currently on 50% acclimation mode so light is at like 35-40%

AquaCave Logo Banner
AS
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size is your tank? do you have other corals? How are they doing?

What kind of test kit are you using?

Phosphate is very high, and you need to find out whats up with your nitrate. Other parameters look good, but stability is most important, its hard to have stability in a new tank. If parameters change, corals close up.

3 months is still pretty new, and torch is not a coral I would suggest for new tanks, they can be very sensative.

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size is your tank? do you have other corals? How are they doing?

What kind of test kit are you using?

Phosphate is very high, and you need to find out whats up with your nitrate. Other parameters look good, but stability is most important, its hard to have stability in a new tank. If parameters change, corals close up.

3 months is still pretty new, and torch is not a coral I would suggest for new tanks, they can be very sensative.
my params are stable yeah idk what is wrong with the nitrate i had quite abit of algae turned the lights off for a black out and it all died so that maybe has something to do with it can't do anything about the phosphate it is leeching out my rocks and just goes back up water changes do not help with phosphate i was running phosguard nitrates are down to 41 now after the water change so i guess ill keep doing them to get it down i am using hanna test kits for everything i hate colour charts they r crap

i test every day and params are always spot on never fluctuate and this is my only coral

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back