Torch/hammer or frogspawn for first lps?

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to add one of the above but was wanting to know which is the best out of them for a beginner.

Also if anyone has any comments or critique on current coral placement. I have some zoas on the sand. Toadstool top middle, Kenya to the right of that and a devils finger and some GSP on the sand at the back.

IMG_1863.jpeg

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would say frogspawn is slightly more forgiving in placement, but they are all basically the same.

Personally I would get the torch first, because they can grow the largest, and it’s easier to find a good spot now while more area is available, then plan around the torch.

Frogspawn/hammer - sandbed, medium to low flow

Torch can be mounted to the top of the rocks in higher light and higher flow

OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say frogspawn is slightly more forgiving in placement, but they are all basically the same.

Personally I would get the torch first, because they can grow the largest, and it’s easier to find a good spot now while more area is available, then plan around the torch.

Frogspawn/hammer - sandbed, medium to low flow

Torch can be mounted to the top of the rocks in higher light and higher flow
Great thanks. I didn’t realise they could go on the sandbed. Gives me more options.

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As long as the polyps are not touching sand it will be ok. Provided the flow is low to medium and lighting is decent

Torch can even go in the sand to but in my experience they like to be more elevated. You can use frag stands if you wish. I’ve had good results with torches on them

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back