Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to post this here since I know it was helpful on some Facebook groups!

This is a list of commonly known torch names, descriptions, and colors. While I know it's not complete, there are a lot of ID questions that can be answered with it!

If there are any others that are missing that you think should be added, feel free to let me know! :)

World Wide Corals
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Hawkaholic

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to post this here since I know it was helpful on some Facebook groups!

This is a list of commonly known torch names, descriptions, and colors. While I know it's not complete, there are a lot of ID questions that can be answered with it!

If there are any others that are missing that you think should be added, feel free to let me know! :)

Thank you. I’ve been looking for a quick guide to torches.

what lighting and filters to get the colors you specify? Mostly blues I’d guess - no filter or blue blocking orange to get the colors described?

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
ReefStable

ReefStable

Reef Stable
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I’ve been looking for a quick guide to torches.

what lighting and filters to get the colors you specify? Mostly blues I’d guess - no filter or blue blocking orange to get the colors described?
For these colors it will mostly be blues. Since that is the most common and tends to bring color out better. Whiter lighting tends to make it hard to see these colors.

OP
OP
ReefStable

ReefStable

Reef Stable
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen cotton candy torches that have blue tips as well as the pink tipped ones. What are the green with yellow tips called? I've also seen orangepeel torches and aquaman torches.
So the "Cotton Candy" are specifically the Green with Pink Tips.
The Green with Blue Tip may be "Todds Torch" or "Toxic Green" depending on how bright the green is.

The other tends to just go by the colors "Green Torch with Yellow Tips".

I haven't found a well known common name for that one.

The Aquaman I never heard of, but it looks AWESOME! I only see a couple people that seem to have them. I'll have to dig into that one!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back