• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Top Shelf Aquatics - AVOID

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

trsmith18

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to post my recent experience with this popular online retailer.

I recently purchased an AI blade coral grow from them and upon receiving the package opened it and inspected it for damage. I then downloaded the Mobius app and put the app and light through some paces. After about an hour of messing with the app and light I could tell that it wasn't going to work for me and my tanks needs. I reached out to TSA to discuss sending the light back.

I was shocked to find out that since I opened the box the light was no longer returnable. No full refund, no refund minus a restocking fee and not even store credit to be used later. Essentially I cut 2 stickers and turned in on and now it can't be returned.

I would equate this in some way shape or form to having to buy a car without opening the doors and certainly dont even think of turning on the car and test driving it.

Most online retailer have reasonable return policies and some like BRS flaunts their return policy on most goods and even promotes buying items just to knowingly be returned (i.e. their PAR meter)

I just wanted to share my negative and surprising experience with this popular vendor that seems to have a return policy and customer service that is well below the industry standard.

I will not be buying anything from them again and would advise anyone else, unless its a "can't buy anywhere else" item to probably do the same.

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello. We are sorry to hear you were not pleased with our return policy. As with everything we do we strive to provide the best service to our customers. Our return policy is very clearly listed on our website so that all customers can see it and make the decision if they are ok with it prior to ordering. Our policy is in line with most other dry goods vendors including BRS which has the same policy as we do regarding used items. This is quoted directly from the BRS site.
  • "Items that have been used or show exposure to water are not eligible for return and will be returned to you free of charge."
You requested a full refund which as stated we do not offer on open and used items. However we would be more than happy to take the item back and apply the credit towards another light of your choosing. The only thing the your are responsible for is the return shipping to us. We are always willing to try to work with our customers, but we do abide by our policies to ensure that all customers are receiving equal treatment and that there are no unfair exceptions made for anyone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trsmith18

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I appreciate your offer, and wish that your customer service dept would have offered/discussed alternative solutions when I originally requested to return the product.

We will just have to agree to disagree with the language/meaning of your posted “return” policy as well as how it compares to your contemporaries.

I wish you well but I will not longer be a customer based on this experience.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
Back