Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone keeps saying that SPS needs real good flow. Well im about to setup a IM 25 lagoon and have a pair of reefwave 45's sitting around from another tank that sold. Can I still use the 45's just dialed down a bit or are they going to be WAY too much for this small of a tank?

Avast

Acros

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an acro dominant IM 25 as well. Two gyres will be fine as long as they are turned down to around 70% and in some sort of alternating program.

Are you planning to have a sand bed? That would determine how much flow you can have. Since the tank is only 13” tall, any kind of strong flow will constantly move sand around.

Place the gyres toward the top where it is not hitting the corals directly, and you will be fine.

Btw, I use a single jebao MCP90 gyre. I used to have two jebao SLW20M powerheads, which hit acros directly causing them to lose skin over time.

OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With these reefwave 45's ill start low at 10% and work my way up. I had these in a 150g display at only 60% because they were so powerful. Just indirect flow and not pointed right at the corals right?
I plan on having a sand bed but if it is too much flow then the sand will come out.

CLICK TO VIEW
TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
JASON FOX SIGNATURE CORALS
Back