Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've have 3 what I just recently identified as Tongan Nassarius in my tank for 4 months. They were a lot larger than what I expected nassarius to be, so while I only had 2 carnivores in my tank i was supplimenting an entire piece of frozen krill every other day to keep them fed.

I added 7 fish 2 qeeks ago, and started dropping i. Entire frozen cubes of frozen food and stopped that suplimentation thinking there was plenty of meat for them to clean up later.

About 1 week ago, my cleaner shrimp molted and then disappeared, after a few days I figured my CBS finally decided he didn't like the cleaner and jumped him after shedding. Then, my CBS molted and while he grew a lot from the previous, he looked kind of strange and was no longer taking food from the tongs and coming up to the glass when someone was tank watching (was a very social CBS) well, 2 nassarius snails 3 nights ago were picking at him, and I thought he might be dying but he was agile still and was still going around eating isopods non stop when he wasn't just chilling.

Yesterday, I come home, and he is struggling with all 3 nassarius holding him down and he is trying to fight them off, i pull the snails off but he was severely injured, and passed this morning.

I am pretty dang sure both my shrimp were in great health prior to the disappearance of my cleaner shrimp, who was always a voracious feeder up to that last few hours before he shedded. Constantly doing his cleaning station dance and doing acrobatics around his side of the tank.

Given I had these shrimp and snails together without issue for 4 months, and this only hapenned a week after I stopped dropping in krill for them, is it possible these guys just went for a kill? They were picking on my hermit the other day too and wipping them with their shells and trying to hold him to a rock, but he got away before I could intervene.

They are in the fuge atm with a piece of krill.

AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

LA
Back