Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a Toby puffer (saddle puffer) for about a month now in 45 gal aquarium, parameters all normal. I feed him mostly chopped shrimp, mysis shrimp, blood worms and pellets.

Ever since I’ve had him, I’ve noticed when he poops it’s turns into an explosion of flakes floating all around the tank... I’ve read in some other posts that people see more of a solid ‘log’ if you will...

Anyone else experience the same? He’s otherwise happy and fine so not too worried about, more curious than anything...

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our blue spot puffer has the same kind of mess In his QT... he eats predominantly krill
20200728_231825.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

PuffersMadeMeDoIt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our blue spot puffer has the same kind of mess In his QT... he eats predominantly krillView attachment 1704544

Take my advice with a grain of salt as I lost one of my toby puffers last night for unknown reasons so far... But just wanted to throw my 2 cents in there for you to maybe do some extra research as well as I've read that krill is not a great food source for puffers as it doesn't provide sufficient nutrition for them and seems to possibly lead to lockjaw down the road for 'em..

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back