Toby puffer eat ricordias?

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Is it normal for toby puffers to eat rocordias?
A scrtion of my ricordia covered rock is totally bare. The rest lf them look totally fine.
They have survived the best and worst of times of my tank when other corals have died away. I got the toby 2 months ago and never seen it nibble on one. However i may have had an infection in tank bc my 7 yr old elegance died. As well as part of my hammer. But the ricordias right next to the totally gone ones have no ill signs.
Thanks!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They can. Some do some dont. It's impossible to tell - however, I might suggest (from personal experience) - if the loss of your coral is from the puffer, it will keep doing so. Can you post a picture of your tank?

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for reply.. Here is pic of the ricordia rck and toby. The bare area is on the upper left of the rock, hard to tell b/c of pic quality.- iphone --. there are 1-2 live ricoridas in the bre area, to it's left is a narrow area of rics and to the right are all the rest.
I would think if the toby is eating them i'd see it do so at least once. I know he was eating my tridacna (I fixed that by the way, he doesnt bite it anymore at least that)
EDIT: it might be my water... I noticed my porites that are strugglling to recover are looking lke they are dying again. I've been doing large water changes the past few months to dilute/get rid of whatver got in my water.

tempImagevYRP2X.png tempImagei1HEqG.png

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for reply.. Here is pic of the ricordia rck and toby. The bare area is on the upper left of the rock, hard to tell b/c of pic quality.- iphone --. there are 1-2 live ricoridas in the bre area, to it's left is a narrow area of rics and to the right are all the rest.
I would think if the toby is eating them i'd see it do so at least once. I know he was eating my tridacna (I fixed that by the way, he doesnt bite it anymore at least that)
EDIT: it might be my water... I noticed my porites that are strugglling to recover are looking lke they are dying again. I've been doing large water changes the past few months to dilute/get rid of whatver got in my water.

tempImagevYRP2X.png tempImagei1HEqG.png
Actually you might not. - I lost about 5 large lobos to a lemon peel angel... without ever seeing a nip

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back