Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to get this toadstool to stand but it can't. It keeps like moving itself around in a 360 degree fashion and it came off the frag plug. The person who had it let it grow on the side (as in, it had attached itself on the stalk which is that tear/streak you see on the stalk). I was tempted just to cut the bad part off the stalk but I don't want it to spew out its awful goodness.

Any recommendations?

20230412_140615.jpg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to get this toadstool to stand but it can't. It keeps like moving itself around in a 360 degree fashion and it came off the frag plug. The person who had it let it grow on the side (as in, it had attached itself on the stalk which is that tear/streak you see on the stalk). I was tempted just to cut the bad part off the stalk but I don't want it to spew out its awful goodness.

Any recommendations?

View attachment 3106688
Cut off the decaying piece with a razor blade, and then poke a toothpick through the stem about 1/2 inch up from the base.

Attach the toady to a piece of rubble/rock with a rubber band around the rock and the toothpick.

In a week or two it will have attached to the rock.

Remove toothpick and rubber band. All done.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FM
Back