Toadstool leather keeps dying

Coralnotquarrel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't seem to have much luck with toadstools. Two have died in 3 months.

My 55 gallon tank with macroalgae refugium is 15 months old. It has a healthy torch, hammer, micromussas, Duncan, cyphastrea, lobo, disco, ricordea, gorgonian, favias, bubble, singularia and a thriving elegance for the last 8 months I brought back from the brink. I have a healthy white tailed bristle tang, clown, azure damsel, mandarin and melanarus wrasse.

The 1st toadstool lived for a month before an ulcer formed on its stalk and it then collapsed. Couldn't save the head. That was July. Only thing I can think of was that 2 weeks prior I used microbactr clean and razor to treat turf algae. This did the job and still no return but around that time, the toadstool, my clove polyps and a rodactis died. Other corals did fine. I got another toadstool last week and within 3 days, an ulcer formed on the stalk again and I'm trying to save the head but it looks like it's disintegrating too. Again, other corals look fab including other soft corals (singularia, ricordea and disco). Also, no other corals close to the toadstools.

I can't imagine it's a parameter issue given more sensitive corals are flourishing and toadstools are suppose to be 'easy". Any idea? Thanks!

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first thoughts are always light and flow, corals will die slowly over weeks or months if the light or flow is inadequate, and toadstool likes both light and flow.

We can probably offer more suggestions, but we really need much more info. Parameters, lighting type, flow type, tank pics, etc....

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back