Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a toadstool leather coral on Friday and it has been doing great and opened all the way up within an hour of being in the tank. All day today it has been looking fantastic, with the polyps were fully open. I turn the lights off of the aquarium about 2 hours ago, and I looked into the aquarium with a flashlight to view the nocturnal critters. I noticed that my toadstool is shriveled up and looked to be changing colors, (I couldn’t tell what color because I didn’t want to turn the lights on. ) I was just wondering if this is a common behavior for toadstools to do when there is no light on them? I’m also aware that toadstools do shed and was wondering if that’s what it’s doing? (The new color could be the old skin). TIA for any replys!

AquaCave Logo Banner

Daniel Morales

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a toadstool leather coral on Friday and it has been doing great and opened all the way up within an hour of being in the tank. All day today it has been looking fantastic, with the polyps were fully open. I turn the lights off of the aquarium about 2 hours ago, and I looked into the aquarium with a flashlight to view the nocturnal critters. I noticed that my toadstool is shriveled up and looked to be changing colors, (I couldn’t tell what color because I didn’t want to turn the lights on. ) I was just wondering if this is a common behavior for toadstools to do when there is no light on them? I’m also aware that toadstools do shed and was wondering if that’s what it’s doing? (The new color could be the old skin). TIA for any replys!

The tentacles on mine retract every night had it for years.

IMG_20191201_205801.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Brite the professionals choice
Back