Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm just looking for advice or suggestions, my 15g nano has been running for 3 years or so and things have been going pretty well. I have 3 duncan colonies of 5 heads or more, a frogspawn colony that is almost 10 heads, and a hammer colony that is about 7 or 8 heads. I have some various zoa's and some RFA's which honestly I kinda regret putting in, they look awesome but they take up too much space. I don't really have any out-of-control pests and my tank is generally stable. Also should mention that I got some really fine sand and I'm not a huge fan cause it's hard to clean.

All that being said, and I know it's a personal preference thing, but what would you guys do? Would you shut the tank down, clean it out real good and start fresh or would you frag the colonies, keep a couple to restart, and keep the current scape so the tank didn't have to cycle again?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Thunderrap

Thunderrap

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrade time! Go bigger and transplant the old coral into a new tank with room for extra scape and some new pieces
I've thought about this as well, it would probably take me some time to get a new tank and everything to upgrade but that's not a bad idea.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week
Back