TMC new tank set up

Tom735

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just started setting up the TMC next wave 85, wondering if anyone else has this tank? The water level is very close to the top?

Any suggestions or advice

IMG_0067.jpeg
IMG_0069.jpeg
IMG_0069.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do wonder if the water level would rise once you put rock in there, is it normal for those tanks to have water that high?

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have your specific tank, but do you possibly have any filter media like filter floss or pads that may be restricting water flow through the filter section? This can cause the water in the display area to rise and go over the back divider?

If your pump is DC adjustable, you can turn down theflow a bit, see if that helps.

Or, you just may have too much water in the system. With these AIO's you don't want the water level in the filter section completely full. Check out this post, maybe it will help:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-to-lower-dt-water-level-in-aio.883108/post-9753697

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
T

Tom735

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have your specific tank, but do you possibly have any filter media like filter floss or pads that may be restricting water flow through the filter section? This can cause the water in the display area to rise and go over the back divider?

If your pump is DC adjustable, you can turn down theflow a bit, see if that helps.

Or, you just may have too much water in the system. With these AIO's you don't want the water level in the filter section completely full. Check out this post, maybe it will help:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-to-lower-dt-water-level-in-aio.883108/post-9753697

Hope that helps!
It’s impossible to fill the rear chamber separately as the water flows through the bottom too, which is annoying as loads of crap is gonna flow through here?

IMG_0004.jpeg

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, that does seem a bit large for what's typically a small emergency drain, if there's a lower drain at all.

But it's still possible that there's just too much water in the system. Did you try taking any water out?

Do you have any filter media that might be restricting the water flow?

Are you able to adjust the pump and lower the flow a bit?

That's about all I can think of that may be going on, but again I don't have your specific tank. Maybe someone who does have that tank can post a pic of how they have theirs setup.

OP
OP
T

Tom735

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, that does seem a bit large for what's typically a small emergency drain, if there's a lower drain at all.

But it's still possible that there's just too much water in the system. Did you try taking any water out?

Do you have any filter media that might be restricting the water flow?

Are you able to adjust the pump and lower the flow a bit?

That's about all I can think of that may be going on, but again I don't have your specific tank. Maybe someone who does have that tank can post a pic of how they have theirs setup.
I’ve took a tiny bit of water out if I take any more out it won’t go over the top weir part, the pump just adjustable and there’s no media blocking the flow just have black sponge and filter wool currently

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, I'm not too sure then. Maybe someone who has this exact tank would be a little more helpful? Sorry, those were my best suggestions.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back