Tiny shells?

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is covered in these tiny shells, just curious to what that means. LFS said “coraline algea” and forgive me if I’m not convinced. Seem to be tiny shells, don’t see anything coming out of them but they are all in a circular manner all on the rocks, corals, glass and etc. what are they? Are they bad? And how could I reduce this population if so? My 6 line shows no interest in them.

IMG_8586.jpeg

seahuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is covered in these tiny shells, just curious to what that means. LFS said “coraline algea” and forgive me if I’m not convinced. Seem to be tiny shells, don’t see anything coming out of them but they are all in a circular manner all on the rocks, corals, glass and etc. what are they? Are they bad? And how could I reduce this population if so? My 6 line shows no interest in them.

IMG_8586.jpeg
Spirorpod, they will explode then die off

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. They don’t seem to be bothering anything atm, so I’ll let them be. Aside from growing on my glass that’s annoying but easy remedy with a scraper.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back