+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone

My wife just set up her first tank, and is on the tail end of her cycle. We spotted this little guy a few days in, and he's now grown and become quite active. The Black Storm Clowns she bought from TSM aquatics are being picked up on Saturday, so I'd like to get an ID on this thing before we add her very expensive first fish

266387D1-9BCE-4432-B1FC-3B467E0DB133.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner

Soren

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone

My wife just set up her first tank, and is on the tail end of her cycle. We spotted this little guy a few days in, and he's now grown and become quite active. The Black Storm Clowns she bought from TSM aquatics are being picked up on Saturday, so I'd like to get an ID on this thing before we add her very expensive first fish

View attachment 3023847
Hard to see in just one picture, but stomatella snails seem to show up commonly in ID requests and is my ID guess based on your picture. More pictures are needed to get a better ID.

Edit: upon closer inspection, it appears more like a small banded trochus snail with algae growing on its shell.

Nutramar Foods

Soren

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to another thread, I came across this thread that has pictures of a snail that appears very similar to the one in your picture (as best as I can see). https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/collonista-snail.616988/
If yours matches the one in the pictures on that thread, it is most likely a Collonista snail.
Take a look and compare. (Also share more pictures here if you can, especially close-ups)

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tenecor Aquariums
Back