Tiny Banggai Cardinal found in refugium.

Nutramar

Trahs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging through some old photos and found this photo from when I was doing aquarium service. This tank was a 200 gal mixed reef. Changing out filter socks one day and saw movement in the refugium. This little one was about the size of a pencil eraser. No clue how it managed to get down there but it stayed in the refugium as it was too small to go into the main tank. Always looked forward to checking on this one every week to see them growing. There eventually ended up being a second one in the refugium. I eventually left the job so not sure if there was more breeding in the future but pretty wild to see in a tank like this.

IMG_4632.JPG

Nutramar Foods

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging through some old photos and found this photo from when I was doing aquarium service. This tank was a 200 gal mixed reef. Changing out filter socks one day and saw movement in the refugium. This little one was about the size of a pencil eraser. No clue how it managed to get down there but it stayed in the refugium as it was too small to go into the main tank. Always looked forward to checking on this one every week to see them growing. There eventually ended up being a second one in the refugium. I eventually left the job so not sure if there was more breeding in the future but pretty wild to see in a tank like this.

View attachment 3010508
Neet finding it though!!! I could see where that could be hard to spot

Corals.com
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back