Time to start dosing? (Alk 5.7)

Jacko85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

Background, tank has been lights on for 5 months. 80G or so. 2 clowns, 2 wrasse, 1 goby, 1 tomini tang, plus various cleanup crew (incl an urchin). Corals currently are 1 mushroom plus a few LPS (Acan,Goni,Hammer,Favia). Not a huge load on either side by any means (more to come of course).

Everything is happy, but figured I should get a kit and test alk. Of course came in low at 5.7 (salifert). Testing my TMP inbound, and it sits at 7dkh. Calcium sits at 350 which is also on the low side.

Now does this just mean I need to do more water changes (Nitrate 5-10, Phos 0 or close to), or is this when I need to start dosing? If so, (1) What should I dose.. something like TM All For Reef? and (2) Before figuring out a daily dose to make things stable.. whats the procedure to bring the dkh back up to where I want it.

Any thoughts / input appreciated.

Cheers,
J

TangerineSpeedo

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what you have going on AFR will probably work well for you. bring up your PO4. I would just use AFR to bring up your DKH slowly starting out with the recommended dose. it will take a few days to get there which is fine. then add a bit if needed

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back