+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
Have been on and off reefing for a few years, had a IM 10G, currently running for couple of years a 20 long drilled for reef with 10g sump, lost most of the coral frags I had during the freeze and power outage. Never quit had any luck with fish either as they die due to disease or jump out. Over the past year I have been quarantining and copper treating my fish and its been working out good.

My new build is 31 gallon AIO from tideline saw one at a local store and thought id give it a try, really didn't want one with out sump, but figured I give it shot, stand is local made for the tank, will be picking them up tomorrow

• RealReef Rock (been in a bucket with added bacteria for a week)
  • Fejipink live sand
  • Read sea coral pro salt will be switching to Tropic Marine pro
  • kessil a360x + WIFI
  • Nero 5 and Nero 3 Have both but might just use either or
  • Apex controller (not a big fan of their ATO, 2 units broke down on me in a year or so)
  • Got most of the Hanna checkers
  • Salinity Milwaukee and Hanna salinity tester
  • Seneye Reef for par
I will just be moving the corals dipping them in hydrogen peroxide, just to get rid off any bubble algae spores that might be on them, I will also clean my hermit crab shell and snails

I will use a turbo start, with live sand and some presumed cycled rock:rolleyes:, hopefully be ok.

Live stock 2 clowns, one tail spot blenny, one 6 lane wrasse and a cleaner shrimp

Avast
OP
OP
M

Magusdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just some rock work ideas:grimacing-face: I came up with, I'm leaning towards the one with branches sticking up and may be change the Tonga at a later date as the corals start growing out or the second option is to have them lying down and have one less Tonga branch this ways I can lay some mushrooms on them, what do you guys think

IMG_3167.jpeg
IMG_3188.jpeg

CLICK TO VIEW

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just some rock work ideas:grimacing-face: I came up with, I'm leaning towards the one with branches sticking up and may be change the Tonga at a later date as the corals start growing out or the second option is to have them lying down and have one less Tonga branch this ways I can lay some mushrooms on them, what do you guys think

View attachment 3036957View attachment 3036956
I like the designs you have so far!!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Part of that decision may be impacted by whether or not you plan to add coral. The coral branches laying down may give you more places to add coral whereas the branches standing up seem to be more visually appealing right now. Both designs have their strengths but either will be a good option.

OP
OP
M

Magusdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to post some updates. In my previous tank I had lots of bubble algae take over so I wanted to make sure I didn't get any of that in the new tank, so dipped my corals in hydrogen peroxide it ended up bleaching some of the corrals unfortunately lost a few of them:(, Starpolips is the only one that surveyed well even after triple dipping in coral rx and hydrogen peroxide
Currently dosing 5ml All4Reef with Neptune dos through out the day. Redsea AB+ currently just hand dosing
Alkalinity @ 9
Nitrates @ 4
IMG_3228.jpeg
IMG_3240.jpeg

DSC00432.jpg

IMG_3316 (1).jpeg

Since I bleached completely on a smaller frag, on this one I tried spraying on the under side but I ended up with this cool look :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:, I hope it recovers.

Got rid off all snails did't want to take a chance with their sells, just transferred over one hermit crab that got a new shell and paint brush cleaned the shell with H₂O₂, I hope all will be ok.

Today I'll try to move the other 2 fish that are in QT to the main DSP

World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aqua SD
Back