Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about purchasing a Scoly soon. No preference as they are all beautiful. Pros/cons. Currently running a mixed reef 2 inch sand bed, damsels, clowns, hippo tang and clown trigger. Any advice would be appreciated. Good move or should I go with other lps and sps.?

Nutramar Foods

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about purchasing a Scoly soon. No preference as they are all beautiful. Pros/cons. Currently running a mixed reef 2 inch sand bed, damsels, clowns, hippo tang and clown trigger. Any advice would be appreciated. Good move or should I go with other lps and sps.?
Wouldnt put corals with the trigger, they love corals as food. Watched one in my LFS rip apart a coral in seconds before they realized someone put him in the wrong tank. And the scolys can be finikey, at least in my experience. But who knows your clown trigger might not eat any but seems to me there are other triggers who wont bother corals and most people Ive seen try with corals and the clown trigger end up with a coral massacre! Saw a bunch of threads on this site about them when I was looking for a good reef safe trigger

OP
OP
Evil1

Evil1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldnt put corals with the trigger, they love corals as food. Watched one in my LFS rip apart a coral in seconds before they realized someone put him in the wrong tank. And the scolys can be finikey, at least in my experience. But who knows your clown trigger might not eat any but seems to me there are other triggers who wont bother corals and most people Ive seen try with corals and the clown trigger end up with a coral massacre! Saw a bunch of threads on this site about them when I was looking for a good reef safe trigger
Thanks. The clown trigger has been in my mixed reef for a year now. Bought him when he was no bigger than a dime. So far so good never touched any of my LPS or SPS corals. That being said, the first sign of coral snacking he gets moved to my fish only 125. He is currently in my display tank. I’m planning to move him eventually.

Attachments

• IMG_3468.jpeg
    IMG_3468.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 14
World Wide Corals

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The clown trigger has been in my mixed reef for a year now. Bought him when he was no bigger than a dime. So far so good never touched any of my LPS or SPS corals. That being said, the first sign of coral snacking he gets moved to my fish only 125. He is currently in my display tank. I’m planning to move him eventually.
Oh awesome! Im jealous then, clown triggers are so cool!! And then it should be fine. Im not too sure why mine is being weird, I brought it back from the brink of death. I keep having to move him between my two tanks cause my dang foxface picks on him and so do the hermits cause he is still healing. They are super cool though

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh awesome! Im jealous then, clown triggers are so cool!! And then it should be fine. Im not too sure why mine is being weird, I brought it back from the brink of death. I keep having to move him between my two tanks cause my dang foxface picks on him and so do the hermits cause he is still healing. They are super cool though
Where did you find that small of a trigger?

OP
OP
Evil1

Evil1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe it or not clown triggers are not aggressive as far as triggers go. The most aggressive trigger I ever had was a undulated trigger followed by hummers. Believe it or not my blue devil damsels push him around.

Corals.com

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at this, you don’t have any truly fleshy LPS like Scolymia or Trachyphyllia. I’ve had Reef Safe With Caution fish go for the fleshly LPS like Acans and Scoly.
So far you have more skeleton type LPS instead of the polyps that look like they have no skeleton.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back