+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone

I recently got back an ICP test and dealing with a bad batch of salt as well as untraceable nitrates. A lot of my acros have been ticked last few weeks and was recommended Captive8 aquaculture’s reef salt as well as their trace elements and was hoping I could get some thoughts and experiences from anyone that has used their products. I am also looking at their nitrate additive
Thanks

Top Shelf Aquatics

amoore311

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the salt is basically the same concept of esv. In my humble opinion, 19 years in the hobby, the high cost salt mixes are never justified by results.

i do really like captiv8’s other products. The trace elements are very high purity solutions, and very high concentration. So when you run the numbers, the prices are very good.

i do not dose too many supplements. But all of what I do dose, I have moved over to captiv8. i use their isol8 trace element blend, their strontium, their kalkwasser, their powdered sps food, and remedi8 dry bacteria product.

I like how they ship whatever they can as dry powders. Cuts down on cost and also the carbon footprint of the shipping which is another ancillary benefit.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back