Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have to tell this story somewhere (if this is the wrong forum let me know I’ll move it) where people may have had the same experience, can get a good laugh, and who aren’t going to come at me with “you bought another fish?!” (I have 3 fam chillax).

A bought a purple dottyback from my lfs, did all the things, drip acclimated, got him out of his bag and into the tank, and then I made an apparent fatal to my sanity error. Like a responsible adult I went into the bathroom 5 feet away from my tank to throw out the plastic bag. When I came back, the purple fish was no where to be found. I spent at least a half hour trying to figure out where this fish had gone. I moved things, I started looking behind the tank thinking maybe he jumped???? I was ready to give up and declare him jumped out and eaten by the cats (both of whom where there, have never shown interest in the tank, and neither of whom looked like they had eaten the canary…er purple fish) when he casually swam out of the pirate ship that I had already in fact checked. >.<

I still had to spend at least a week telling my husband there was in fact a purple fish in the tank before he managed to see the dottyback.

Bilbo the fish is now a bit more social and comes out to grace the tank with his vibrancy but still does like to spend the majority of his day hiding.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aqua SD
Back