The Rose-Magenta Skunk Clownfish? What ever happened to them?

Seancj

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if anyone here has any knowledge or experience with these amazingly colored, and perhaps controversial, rose magenta pink skunk clowns? I know they originated as a wild pair at Bluewater.com and were purchased by reef imports.com back in 2011. Did anything come of this pair? The trail I followed tonight goes cold rather quickly. Reefimports.com doesn't appear to be around any longer.
Anyone here ever see these fish in person? Have more like these been seen and/or purchased? Just curious if they really had that nice rich coloration or if it was a camera/lighting/saturation thing?
They were certainly very beautiful!
rose magenta pink skunk clowns.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if anyone here has any knowledge or experience with these amazingly colored, and perhaps controversial, rose magenta pink skunk clowns? I know they originated as a wild pair at Bluewater.com and were purchased by reef imports.com back in 2011. Did anything come of this pair? The trail I followed tonight goes cold rather quickly. Reefimports.com doesn't appear to be around any longer.
Anyone here ever see these fish in person? Have more like these been seen and/or purchased? Just curious if they really had that nice rich coloration or if it was a camera/lighting/saturation thing?
They were certainly very beautiful!
View attachment 2961982
I had 2 of them. But when they grew, they turned more orange in colour . They are very peaceful as compared to other species of clownfish but they are sensitive to water conditions. I think they are ideal for peaceful tanks

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back