The new fish in the school tank and sea hare galore!

BRS

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow I’m getting a fish donation for the school tank I’m so excited! I currently have a melanurus wrasse, pair of clownfish, dottyback, and chromis in the school tank. Tomorrow a bicolor angelfish, lawnmower blenny, diamond goby, spotted sharpnose pufferfish, and bristletooth tang are being delivered! Along with a dolabella and green sea hare to help clean up the hair algae issue. I’m curious what is the longest you’ve ever had a sea hare? I need to cover the powerheads before I put them in so they don’t get pulverized. I’m hoping for the best with the sea hares as I’ve never had them. Has anyone kept them with a melanarus and puffer? They are fairly large so I’d be surprised if either one of them decides to eat them. I hope I can get them to eat prepared foods like nori and macroalgae to help sustain them long term once the algae disappears. Any advice or experience is appreciated.

Nutramar Foods

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a sea hare twice for algae removal. Neither lasted long enough to eat all the algae. I have no idea why they passed. First one lasted maybe a month (it was quite a while ago) second one only lasted a few days.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a sea hare twice for algae removal. Neither lasted long enough to eat all the algae. I have no idea why they passed. First one lasted maybe a month (it was quite a while ago) second one only lasted a few days.
That’s so sad! From what I heard it’s really hit or miss with them.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back