Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. So my lady and I are re doing our kitchen and floor, due to this she is making me move my tank to a different location, therefore I am breaking the tank down tomorrow and moving Saturday to the back of my living room instead of the front. :(

Now to the murderer.... I believe my Yellow tang is the one that has been killing any new additions to the tank. I am stuck between two things currently .

1. Give "Albert" our Tang to the LFS and say goodbye.
2. Hope that moving the tank and moving the rocks around reset his "dominance" on the tank.

What do you guys think? I have heard that sometimes when you switch things around in a tank it will help reset the balance of the tank.

Appreciate the help.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow Tangs can be jerks but it probably doesn't help that you have more of a minimalist scape.

I would probably add more rock and use an acclimation box on new fish. You could also keep the tang out in a separate tank somewhere and add it back as last fish.

Ofc nothing my work in which case you will be back where you started. Depends how much you like the fish.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Aspect

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good morning. So my lady and I are re doing our kitchen and floor, due to this she is making me move my tank to a different location, therefore I am breaking the tank down tomorrow and moving Saturday to the back of my living room instead of the front. :(

Now to the murderer.... I believe my Yellow tang is the one that has been killing any new additions to the tank. I am stuck between two things currently .

1. Give "Albert" our Tang to the LFS and say goodbye.
2. Hope that moving the tank and moving the rocks around reset his "dominance" on the tank.

What do you guys think? I have heard that sometimes when you switch things around in a tank it will help reset the balance of the tank.

Appreciate the help.
Are you located in Roseville PA? I can give Albert a good 420 gallon home if you decide to go that route.

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ofc nothing my work in which case you will be back where you started. Depends how much you like the fish.

Well, it's more the wife that is attached than me. lol.

I am sick of pulling anything I add new to the tank, out dead. I was thinking about sending him to LFS and picking up a trio of yellows, which from what I have heard tends to keep them calmer.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NYOS
Back