The Long and Winding Road(Red Sea Reefer 250ish)

AquaCave

saltienewb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Under advisement I have decided to start my build thread. But unlike many, I have no glorious tank to start the festivities. Just a dream, and a longer time horizon.

For a few years, I’ve been into planted freshwater tanks. Going to my LFS, I always stared longingly at the beautiful salties, but thought them out of my price range and skill level. However, due to myself and my wife moving up in income; and at her insistence that SHE would like one, I started looking early this year. Watching videos, reading here, asking questions when I’m in store.
We are undergoing a reno of our enclosed porch and have decided when it is finished and conditioned, we will place a tank there.
In that spot we will wire a separate 20 amp outlet next to the other shared outlet, and run most of the tank off the new outlet. I will keep at least one wavemaker on the previously wired

im leaning heavily towards a Red Sea Reefer 250, but would go bigger if the right deal was to be had.
So far as of today I have, as far as Salt only gear:
RedSea reefwave 25
Redsea rsk3000
60 lbs Caribsea Fiji pink
BRS 4 stage with one of each replacement filter
New damaged box Sicce ADV 5.5(the best deal of the bunch)
All except the sand used, but at a good price and in good condition.

I’m keeping an eye out for deals, but also don’t want to get out over my skis. I also don’t want to go too deep into gear in case a larger used tank becomes available.

wish list:
RED sea G2 250
1 Red Sea slide out control panel
Kessil AP9X
2 head reefdose
One more new reefwave 25
Rock(no preference here)- 50 lbs?

The plan is to finish the Renovation then get this baby wet, 5-10 months from now. Will take any suggestions or critiques along the way. While not a newb to aquariums in general, I am a saltie newb

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back