Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of people selling Envy Oranges as RPEs. Personally, I think RPEs are a lot prettier.

here are the photo difference
From Zoaid:
RPE3.jpg

RPEs have a dark mouth in the middle (pic borrowed from revhtree)
Untitled-23.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
na1paj

na1paj

Zoanthid Nutter
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a lot of the rpes I see on the forums are orange. I have the envy oranges myself. they sure don't look red. I've seen rpes, and they are a lot redder.

the orange pe would be a morph of rpe, looks just like rpe but orange instead of bright red.
The envy orange is solid orange, you can't see the dark circle in the middle of the polyp.

Last edited:

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a lot of the rpes I see on the forums are orange. I have the envy oranges myself. they sure don't look red. I've seen rpes, and they are a lot redder.

the orange pe would be a morph of rpe, looks just like rpe but orange instead of bright red.
The envy orange is solid orange, you can't see the dark circle in the middle of the polyp.

i know the differences b/w the different morphs of RPE's, OPE's, and orange enveys...so i'm not doubting anyone's claims.

orange enveys do not have that dark area in the middle, but there are different versions of RPE which do and do not have that dark spot in the middle. so using that dark spot as an identifier b/w RPE and orange enveys is a moot point.

but one cannot come on here and say they know the difference b/c they have them without posting their own pics. and i'm not talking about a picture of an RPE and a seperate picture of an OPE/orange envey. put both palys side by side, and get them in the same picture. at least use some substantial proof to back up your claims.

i've been asking for someone to do this for months/years, yet i've seen maybe only 1 person back this up with their own proof.

Last edited:
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always sort of suspected the oranges were washed out reds, really... makes sense on a color wheel for bleaching! After all, you see that they will bleach a red sps and sell it as hot pink sometimes...

LOL
Laurie

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Bulk Reef Supply
Back