The Blue Spotted Jawfish. Has Anyone Produced Young To Make Another G-G-G-Generation?

Nutramar

Feartheturtle!22

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm receiving my XL G-2 625 Reefer this week and am looking at fish stocking possibilities. One fish I had in the mid seventies was a blue spotted jawfish. They are fun to watch and I thought maybe if I got 4-5, maybe I could breed them. Has anyone bred these before? Cheeeeeers! Kurt

Avast
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm receiving my XL G-2 625 Reefer this week and am looking at fish stocking possibilities. One fish I had in the mid seventies was a blue spotted jawfish. They are fun to watch and I thought maybe if I got 4-5, maybe I could breed them. Has anyone bred these before? Cheeeeeers! Kurt
These guys need cooler water however in the summer can be brought up to a higher temperature. They also need a sand bed that is Atleast the depth of their max size if not twice as deep (And still need Atleast 4” of water above). This generally causes the optimal conditions for a breeding trio/group and people have managed to get spawning groups of this species.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA
Back