+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Well my 750 G2 arrived, after putting the stand together I think I may want to move the tank to another wall in my office. Unfortunately, it's
the wall under a window. First, let me say I work for a large window film manufacturer and have an extensive lineup of films to combat many of the heat issues related to placing a tank by a window, especially here in Arizona. I am not worried about heat as I can control that with film/chiller. This window has no direct light and N-S exposure.

Here is my question: All of my film options block 99% of both UV-A and UV-B light, including over 93% IR rejection with the film that I plan on using.
My only concern is excessive or accelerated alge growth. I will be running a more than adequate UV sterilizer on this set-up.
Does anyone have any insight on alge growth if I am cutting out almost all UV-A and UV-B light... Or any other things I consider prior to putting water in?

Thanks in advance!

Pete

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Well my 750 G2 arrived, after putting the stand together I think I may want to move the tank to another wall in my office. Unfortunately, it's
the wall under a window. First, let me say I work for a large window film manufacturer and have an extensive lineup of films to combat many of the heat issues related to placing a tank by a window, especially here in Arizona. I am not worried about heat as I can control that with film/chiller. This window has no direct light and N-S exposure.

Here is my question: All of my film options block 99% of both UV-A and UV-B light, including over 93% IR rejection with the film that I plan on using.
My only concern is excessive or accelerated alge growth. I will be running a more than adequate UV sterilizer on this set-up.
Does anyone have any insight on alge growth if I am cutting out almost all UV-A and UV-B light... Or any other things I consider prior to putting water in?

Thanks in advance!

Pete
Algae uses visible light to grow and the intensity of sunlight illuminating the tank might make algae grow very quickly. Sunlight might be too intense for some coral. Window light might also make it more difficult to control light spectrum if you plan to do that.

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Legendary
Back