Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, pretty new here but I am a long time lurker. I had a 60 gallon FOWLR tank running since 2010-2011 and decided to shut it down for a smaller tank. I wanted an AIO and went with the Fluval Flex 32.5 Saltwater kit. I am really liking it so far but, at times I wish I had my bigger tank up and going since I have decided to dip my toes (and corals) in the coral world. I was able to pick up a couple frags from WWC's sale over the weekend and I have a few more from a FB auction sale. I really like Zoa's so that's where I am starting, but I do have a Favia on the way.

As for the build I ended up getting some new rock and some old live rock that I haven't used in 5 plus years to build my aqua-scape. I am still using the stock lights, hood and return pump. I moved my heater over and I have the InTank media baskets. I will probably add a skimmer eventually. I started with 15-20 or so gallons of fresh RODI saltwater and another 10-15 or so from my previous 60 gallon tank. I wasn't a big fan of the Fluval stands so I built one myself and think it turned out well. I do have a door on it now to store everything underneath it.

Here are a couple pictures. I will grab some pictures of my current frags later tonight.

1627321426571.png

1627321474986.png

Nutramar Foods

JReef3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tatic05, the tank looks good. Nice job on the stand too, I really like the style. Congrats on your first corals! I‘ve just started a Flex 32.5 build also and it sounds like I’m a few weeks or more behind you as I’m just starting to cycle it. Good luck and happy reefkeeping!

BRS
OP
OP
T

tatic05

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ian your light schedule/ setting?
Can you snap a screenshot?
Sorry just saw this. I run my blues and purples at 100. I progressively increase it in the morning till about noon and then around 5 or 6 it starts to drop. My whites only get up to 5% and everything else around 50-60. I don't know if this is the best lighting but I have ran it for a couple months and the Zoa's look good. My blue macaws are starting to get larger heads.

BTimms

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry just saw this. I run my blues and purples at 100. I progressively increase it in the morning till about noon and then around 5 or 6 it starts to drop. My whites only get up to 5% and everything else around 50-60. I don't know if this is the best lighting but I have ran it for a couple months and the Zoa's look good. My blue macaws are starting to get larger heads.
Do you find you require more whites due to lower par ?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
T

tatic05

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you find you require more whites due to lower par ?
I have never had my PAR checked. I need to find someone local that I could at least borrow one from to see.
I have thought about adding a 2nd light but since everything is maintaining well I would like let it be for a couple months and see if there is any growth.

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AVAST
Back