+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Recently I have gone thru some shipping nightmares with new aquariums ( I just gave up) and was wondering if this damage is something that could be repaired with maybe some windshield resin. Could it also be fine as is? It looks like it would be above the water line as well. It's totally internal. No cracks around the area. I guess I could try to replace the entire panel, but I have no experience with that. I know there is no 100% guarantee with this, but just wondering if anyone has ran across this before, etc.

Thanks all.

Cheers.

IMG_20230328_143559.jpgIMG_20230328_143622.jpg

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the refund you?

Are they willing to replace it?

I'd never mess with a damaged panel and that much saltwater.

Also, do you trust yourself enough to replace a panel? I wouldn't trust myself and always have that feeling in the back of my head that something might go wrong.

Upvote 0

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch.. I’d say structurally you’re fine, it’s nothing but an eye sore.. you could try some of that resin and maybe clear it up a tad.. or! Get some black vinyl or window tint, like a 1” strip and put it around the top of the tank to hide the chip and waterline.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mightyhog

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was refunded. After a few attempts, I threw in the towel on trying again and again.... hoping UPS isn't going to keep breaking things. I'll give the resin a try and see if that works a bit to clear it up and possibly seal anything. I do have a graveyard of tanks here to use to replace that panel. It's not my first choice in order to fix the tank but it's worth a shot I guess. I figure it can't be any worse than replacing ones own brakes and rotors. ha

Upvote 0

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was refunded. After a few attempts, I threw in the towel on trying again and again.... hoping UPS isn't going to keep breaking things. I'll give the resin a try and see if that works a bit to clear it up and possibly seal anything. I do have a graveyard of tanks here to use to replace that panel. It's not my first choice in order to fix the tank but it's worth a shot I guess. I figure it can't be any worse than replacing ones own brakes and rotors. ha
I do brakes and rotors on most cars in about 20 minutes adventure to say this is gonna take a lot longer than that and quite a bit more skill but good luck

Upvote 0

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s honestly not worth fixing it.. if you replace that pane of glass you’d have to take the entire tank apart to do it properly and reduce any chance of failure.. just live with it or cover it up.. the tank isn’t gonna break I’ve seen way worse it’s just a clam shell chip.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mightyhog

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get over it real quick probably. Like you suggested, if it bugs me, I'll just place some of that blk background material over it. Hopefully some resin will seep in there and help things a bit.

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

RED SEA
Back