Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plumbed in a 2nd tank and am moving some livestock to the new tank. They share a sump and water so are the same system. I have a surgeon tank is fat and healthy that was the largest in the tank and rather aggressive so I moved it first. It is currently the only fish in the tank but is swimming on its side or nose toward the ground. If given food it still eats ferociously but quickly goes back to is strange behavior. Could something have happened to its swim bladder during the transfer? Or something else?

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
Bmccartney

Bmccartney

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife pinned it against the glass to get it out. I’m not sure if it struck the glass on its own during catching. Any fix for swim bladder if that’s what it is? Does it resolve on its own? This is probably an 8-9” tang. Hate to lose it!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I plumbed in a 2nd tank and am moving some livestock to the new tank. They share a sump and water so are the same system. I have a surgeon tank is fat and healthy that was the largest in the tank and rather aggressive so I moved it first. It is currently the only fish in the tank but is swimming on its side or nose toward the ground. If given food it still eats ferociously but quickly goes back to is strange behavior. Could something have happened to its swim bladder during the transfer? Or something else?
From swimming normal to head down generally suggests its either stress from netting or when it was netted and transferred to other tank, it ingested air in which it will slowly release on its own.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Cultivated Reef
Back