Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tangs are itching like crazy and are starting to get blotchy. I stopped feeding nori for a couple weeks to try to encourage them to eat off of the rocks however I just started them back on it a few days ago. Can anyone tell me what my problem is? My house was also just painted a few days ago as well but the tank was taped up pretty well but it is a rimless tank so could that be the problem? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

image.jpg image.jpg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are both scratching then it sounds like some sort of parasite with the top image also having a secondary bacterial infection setting in.

New sterile tanks with dry rock and fish and disease just doesn’t go well. It’s why Quarantine is advocated. Those that say they don’t need to QT and just plop and drop usually have mature and diverse systems.

OP
OP
B

benscorals

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in a 80 gallon deep blue. They are eating well. I feed nori and mysis daily. They are breathing a little fast. I just added a cleaner goby because I thought that would fix the issue if it was ick. How do I treat that infection?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back