Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a tailspot blenny in by EVO 13.5 for about 9 months now and noticed over the last few days his left eye getting more and more swollen. I suspect it's popeye according to some old posts I found. None of them seem to conclude if there is anything that can really be done about it. I don't have any sort of quarantine tank unfortunately, tbh I don't think I could catch him if my life depended on it either way. I tripled checked my Nitrates as the internet says that is a big cause but they are sitting about 3ppm right now. He also routinely battles with a bristleworm over a hole he won't give up on so part of me wonders if got injured at some point. Anyone dealt with this before? It's sort of horrific and I feel bad for him but he is still eating as of last night at least. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

20221126_100944.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've had a tailspot blenny in by EVO 13.5 for about 9 months now and noticed over the last few days his left eye getting more and more swollen. I suspect it's popeye according to some old posts I found. None of them seem to conclude if there is anything that can really be done about it. I don't have any sort of quarantine tank unfortunately, tbh I don't think I could catch him if my life depended on either way. I tripled checked my Nitrates as the internet says that is a big cause but they are sitting about 3ppm right now. He also routinely battles with a bristleworm over a hole he won't give up on so part of me wonders if got injured at some point. Anyone dealt with this before? It's sort of horrific and I feel bad for him but he is still eating as of last night at least. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

View attachment 2913501
As these fish tend to be busy bodies, there is a high likelihood it scratched or lightly injured its eye and will need to be treated in quarantine 5-7 days using maracyn AKA maracyn 1 which is ethromyacin and will fix this

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums
Back