Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so just got a aquatic life t5 hybrid 60' gonna run it with my g5 xr30 pros what bulb combination should i go with running ab+ program tank is a mixed reef but eventually it will be sps dominate with some torches and hammers

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so just got a aquatic life t5 hybrid 60' gonna run it with my g5 xr30 pros what bulb combination should i go with running ab+ program tank is a mixed reef but eventually it will be sps dominate with some torches and hammers

IMO you can’t beat these bulbs below. At least incorporate these in there. It’s good to get more blue+ than the others as they are very blue and offset a lot of the whiter bulbs. The Coral+ is very white. The ABS is a light blue (more on the white side) but not near as white as the Coral+. The Actinic just gives the corals and fish that nice fluorescent pop.

ATI Blue+
ATI ABS
ATI Actinic
ATI Coral+
ATI Purple+

Top Shelf Aquatics

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use two Coral+ and two Blue+ with my G6s. I have them come on roughly an hour after the radions come on and they shut off an hour before the radions go off. That gives me an hour before and after of blue ramp up/down time.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO you can’t beat these bulbs below. At least incorporate these in there. It’s good to get more blue+ than the others as they are very blue and offset a lot of the whiter bulbs. The Coral+ is very white. The ABS is a light blue (more on the white side) but not near as white as the Coral+. The Actinic just gives the corals and fish that nice fluorescent pop.

ATI Blue+
ATI ABS
ATI Actinic
ATI Coral+
ATI Purple+
ATI ABS bulb?

Nutramar Foods

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use two Coral+ and two Blue+ with my G6s. I have them come on roughly an hour after the radions come on and they shut off an hour before the radions go off. That gives me an hour before and after of blue ramp up/down time.
This is exactly what I run in a 4 bulb 24inch hybrid with two gen4 xr15 radions. I run a little shorter cycle with the t5. I think mine are on for 5 hours. If the t5 are too white you can just add more blue with led lights.

Avast

nereefpat

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that situation, I would run 3 Blue+ and 1 Coral+ or 2 & 2. You can buy 3 B+ and 2 C+ to experiment, as you'll use them eventually anyway.

I would run them for 6-8 hours.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back