Switch channels turned off on their own

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dave-T

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning, my Profilux turned off at least 4 devices connected to switch channels. All the channels had been set to "Always On". Luckily, one of the channels had a pump plugged into it and I have a flow sensor connected to that pump which alarmed. Otherwise I'm not sure how long it would have taken me to realize this.

I was able to get the channels to turn back on through "Manual override". After turning them on and deactivating manual override, they stayed on.

This is a potentially disastrous problem that I can't have happen again. Has anyone seen this or know what might have caused it?

The weird thing is that the Profilux "knew" that the channels were off - they showed as off in the switch channels screen.

(And this has gotten me thinking about a nice potential feature - wouldn't it be nice if the Profilux could alarm if a switch channel stopped drawing power when it was supposed to be on?)

Edit - I just found two more devices that had this issue too. And I have several powerbars, and the devices that exhibited this issue were spread across them, they weren't all on the same powerbar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dave-T

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoops, never mind. I figured it out. I had a maintenance mode turned on, I must have accidentally clicked it in the dashboard in GHL Connect. Now I feel stupid, that never occurred to me. I'm going to remove that from the dashboard so it doesn't happen again.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion
Back