View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump level advise please

I have a tmc reef 4000 return pump set to 8 feeding the display tank,

Ive just set up a manifold system off another reef 4000 pump to feed an algae reactor and a 20w uv steriliser, this pump is in the first chamber next to the clarisea, this pump is set to 11 to get the right flow through the uv and reactor, both the outlet for the reactor and uv go into the second chamber

I thought id get this problem but here goes, the water level in the first chamber is now lower than the second chamber see pictures, its all working fine and im not sure its an issue as instead of water trickling over the weir its being pumped.

I guess i could put the algae reactor outlet into the first chamber but taking and putting back into the first chamber i guess isnt ideal

Anything to be concerned about?
20230504_161638.jpg
20230504_161626.jpg

Corals.com
OP
OP
Jasongtr

Jasongtr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't worry too much about it if it's consistent and skimmer is working to your liking.
As it looks now and ill need to check in a few hours the first chamber level appears to be dropping slightly which means the ato wont trigger, so ill likely have to either do one or three things

1. Move the ato sensor to the first chamber
2. Move the reactor outlet to the first chamber as thats the highest flow
3. Get a single much bigger pump and run the return and manifold off a single pump

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back