+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyo,

Running into an issue where my return chamber is emptying faster than it can be filled. Here's the catch.. the intake chamber is over flowing as the gate valve + overflow pipe is drawing water into it. My water level is set to just over the overflow pipe on accident, so still surprised to see the return chamber empyting out. I have my pump speed at it's lowest.

I'm stumped..

Tank Specs: Red Sea Reefer 300 XL

Top Shelf Aquatics

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Open your valve all the way.
2. Set the desired pump speed.
3. Slowly (ie: 1/8" to 1/4" turns, waiting 5min between adjustments) close the valve until the water is *below* the emergency overflow pipe (1/8" to 1/2" below the top of the pipe is fine).

OP
OP
F

Finspirational

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Open your valve all the way.
2. Set the desired pump speed.
3. Slowly (ie: 1/8" to 1/4" turns, waiting 5min between adjustments) close the valve until the water is *below* the emergency overflow pipe (1/8" to 1/2" below the top of the pipe is fine).

Thank you! Seemed to work. My intake chamber is still overflowing instead of going through the filter socks etc. I think I may have had to much water in there and then the flow on top of that isn't letting it settle in. Going to try to pump some of that water out of the chamber

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Seemed to work. My intake chamber is still overflowing instead of going through the filter socks etc. I think I may have had to much water in there and then the flow on top of that isn't letting it settle in. Going to try to pump some of that water out of the chamber
Glad to hear! How often do you change your filter socks out? They could simply be clogged. The felt ones will clog up much quicker than the nylon mesh ones.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week
Back