Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I mix sugar and ro water to make a solution I can auto dose to control nutrients? Seems like a cheap and easy way if it'd work. If so how much sugar to water?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming you want to carbon dose?

Why sugar and not vinegar or vodka?
Yeah. Really just because I have used both sugar and vodka in the past and always preferred sugar, thought it worked better. Also I have sugar laying around I can use but no vinegar or vodka. In reality I could just easily go out and buy one of the others but if I can do it with sugar as its something I know that'd be good!

Top Shelf Aquatics

hmfaysal

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I mix sugar and ro water to make a solution I can auto dose to control nutrients? Seems like a cheap and easy way if it'd work. If so how much sugar to water?
I dose sugar vinegar mix with a kamoer dosing head. I don't remember the exact calculations, but it was along the line of 164 grams of store bought sugar mixed with enough RODI water to make 420ml solution, and added 560ml vinegar to make 980ml mixed solution.

In my experience, this concoction fires up cyanobacteria growth, while Nopox or vodka vinegar has almost no effect of cyano growth.

I am continuing the sugar-vinegar mix for 2 following reasons:

1) I already made the concoction
2) The cyano growth is limited to the refugium section, I scoop up 3 or 4 big chunks of cyano jelly every week. In my view, export is an export.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back