Substituting RODI tubing for air-line tubing

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shared this on another thread because the person was looking for an adapter between flexible air-line tubing and the more rigid RODI tubing. I was surprised at the skepticism, so I made a video. Sharing it here on the main forum in case anyone else is tired of air-line kinks. Also just a much cleaner look IMO. Should work for pretty much any application you use air-line with.

To fit the RODI tubing over a barbed airline fitting, dip the end of the tube in very hot water for about 10 seconds. I microwave a cup of water for about 3 minutes. It will then slip right onto the fitting and re-harden, form fitting to the barb.

Application on my DOS:
IMG_3906.jpeg

Dan_P

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shared this on another thread because the person was looking for an adapter between flexible air-line tubing and the more rigid RODI tubing. I was surprised at the skepticism, so I made a video. Sharing it here on the main forum in case anyone else is tired of air-line kinks. Also just a much cleaner look IMO. Should work for pretty much any application you use air-line with.

To fit the RODI tubing over a barbed airline fitting, dip the end of the tube in very hot water for about 10 seconds. I microwave a cup of water for about 3 minutes. It will then slip right onto the fitting and re-harden, form fitting to the barb.

Application on my DOS:
IMG_3906.jpeg

Clever!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back