Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone , I bought this anemone 3 days ago and it’s been floating around and hasn’t latched to anything , I would often find it upside down and would flip it back over to help. (Not sure it was the right thing to do due to stressing it) but today I got home and found it looking like this …not sure if it’s dead or about to die. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_7769.png

Top Shelf Aquatics

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is nothing you can do except let it alone. Anemones are able to move around the tank. They do this until they find a location that provides them with suitable light and flow.

How big is your tank?
What kind of light?
How long has the tank been running?

Please post your water parameters.

OP
OP
R

ryumet

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is nothing you can do except let it alone. Anemones are able to move around the tank. They do this until they find a location that provides them with suitable light and flow.

How big is your tank?
What kind of light?
How long has the tank been running?

Please post your water parameters.
Hello Dom

i have a 12gallon AIO tank from reef casa and it came with what they call a halo light this is the link to it https://reefcasa.com/product/halo-reef-aquarium-light/

My tank has been running for 2 months.

Nitrate - 25
PH - 8.4
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0

not sure what other parameters would be helpful , sorry I am new to this lol.
what’s worrying me is that it seems like the anemone is shedding or spewing parts of its inside and it’s making my water cloudy.

Thank you for the help!

Corals.com

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look that bad in the picture. Also, its in the sand bed, so its foot may be attached to the glass bottom of the tank.

Anemones like some Nitrates and you have more than enough. I've also had experiences where Anemones that looked like yours were telling me that my Alkalinity was low.

You have a small tank, so FAITHFUL, WEEKLY 20% water changes should be enough to replenish elements consumed by your tank.

And with a Nitrate of 25 in a 12 gallon tank, it seems that you may not be doing enough water changes.

I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of this little guy under white light for a better look at its condition and all it is spewing.

I'm unfamiliar with the light, but reading the included link, it only offers a total of 36 watts of power, which may not be enough.

ReefLife_Guy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, a picture under white lighting would be helpful. To me that mass in the center of the anemone is the anemone's gut which it has externalized through it's mouth. This is typically a bad sign for an anemone and they just slowly melt away at this point.

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can find someone to take it with an established tank it has a small chance of survival. It looks like a sebae (white light pics please) aka heteractis crispa. It’s difficult to find an established healthy sebae. Typically once they start to go downhill they don’t recover. You could try the cipro treatment on the site as a Hail Mary.
Your tank is way too new for an anemone, particularly of that species.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back