Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased a Niger trigger from LFS..about 3 to 4 inches..looked and seemed happy and healthy..healthy looking tank and tank mates..purchased from store before no problem/trouble health wise ever..but with it being a large trigger and the stores poor choice of coral decorations (literally decorations with open bottoms) he lodged himself inside along with a small Florida eel..the guy tried dunking the decoration back in to get him out with no luck..somehow said the eel was helping keep the trigger lodged..then the guy tried poking with the other end of the net.. neither of them budged..then he finally left the decoration on top of the lid with the bottom of the decoration open over a bag so they could fall out in the bag..well somewhere between 5 an 10 mins of no oxygen the eel finally came out..not what I wanted..then probably 5 more mins he finally decided to hop in the bag..brought him home acclimated him regular..he was looking droopy/sad in the bag..I figured a lil while in the tank and he'd perk back up..he's been in the tank since about 1pm today and is now 4pm my time..he went straight in the tank from end to the other and kinda just put himself between 2 rocks and laid on the sand..an hour later moved to a different spot and did the same thing..another hour he moved back to the same spot laying down..the shrimp that he'll prolly eat later came over and cleaned him up which he didn't care..my fake morish idol is either a ballsy lil jerk lol or acts as a cleaner fish because he came over an got him a few tastes lol and the trigger still didn't care (also the fake morish I've seen nipping at my snowflake too)..as of writing this the trigger is still in original spot but is now up swimming in the lil cave for a lil bit then laying back down and then back up..so my question is, is he jus super stressed because of how the fish guy got him out?..will he continue to perk up or get sick..is there anything I do or try to help him perk up? Tank parameters all normal..Any help/advice/tips would great thanks

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get him from Petco?? Because that sounds like the kind of store that would handle a fish in thst manner smh. Anyhow it sounds to me like he’s just stressed. Just be patient and don’t overreact. I’m sure in s few days he’ll be fine triggers are fairly durable fish. Maybe kill the lights for a day and just let him chill out.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

RFAnemos

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get him from Petco?? Because that sounds like the kind of store that would handle a fish in thst manner smh. Anyhow it sounds to me like he’s just stressed. Just be patient and don’t overreact. I’m sure in s few days he’ll be fine triggers are fairly durable fish. Maybe kill the lights for a day and just let him chill out.
No just a neighborhood LFS..it was early they just opened not to long before I got there and the main saltwater guy wasn't there it was either somebody new or that deals with the freshwater..from now on I'm going to jus wait til later in the day to go so i cant be tempted. .but i had to have him an i knew hed be gone later..thanks so much

Upvote 0

lion king

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T

You think, what a sad statement of what is out there at the lfs today. Other than making sure your water parameters are perfect, there's nothing you can do but give it time. That wedging into rocks thing is what a trigger does, they cocked that trigger and you can not pry them with a crowbar. I've seen many cases of triggers being wedged into a rock and out of water, and recover just fine. So you just have it give it time and hope for the best.

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Copepods
Back