Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a purple tang I’ve had him 4-5 years -he has grown well and been in great health. I’ve read about ick and velvet. This isn’t what it is. If it was a person I would say a bruise rather than measles or chicken pox -it’s a white spot/area-under his fin and a small area above one of his eyes. It has just in the last day or two shown up. It’s only on one side and he seems to be fine. He’s eating - breathing -swimming normally. I went through your common sickness and the closest is a bacterial infection. I have a few pictures-but can’t figure out how to attach them-as of now I don’t see this on any of my other fish

Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a purple tang I’ve had him 4-5 years -he has grown well and been in great health. I’ve read about ick and velvet. This isn’t what it is. If it was a person I would say a bruise rather than measles or chicken pox -it’s a white spot/area-under his fin and a small area above one of his eyes. It has just in the last day or two shown up. It’s only on one side and he seems to be fine. He’s eating - breathing -swimming normally. I went through your common sickness and the closest is a bacterial infection. I have a few pictures-but can’t figure out how to attach them-as of now I don’t see this on any of my other fish
A bruise signifies a few things. Will need a pic or two under white lighting to best assess what you have

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AVAST
Back