stocking suggestions needed!

ARlite's reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I've got a 40 gallon tank that could use some more fish, mostly to solve low/zero nutrient issues but I need yall's guidance! Currently I've got a lawnmower blenny, one clownfish, a pajama cardinal a zebra bar goby and a sailfin molly. Everyone is very peaceful and gets along well thankfully.

In no more than two years ill be upgrading to a six foot 125 gallon tank minimum so I'm open to buying larger fish in their smaller, juvenile stages. Id like recommendations for a wrasse, some additional kind of firefish goby (if possible, some people say they're too aggressive to be kept together, others say its fine.) and one more community recommendation.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my best pieces of advice is that you do not get small larger fish in your 40. Thing is, life gets in the way and you have no idea what you're going to be doing in two years. Take it from a 60 year old that's raised a family and worked forever. Ya never really know what's around the corner. Trust me on this.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a Lemonpeel Angel. There are some really pretty yellow's with blue eyes. They stay small so would fit into a 40g nicely. I don't know that I would add that many more fish to that small of a tank.

1725273169558.png

OP
OP
A

ARlite's reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my best pieces of advice is that you do not get small larger fish in your 40. Thing is, life gets in the way and you have no idea what you're going to be doing in two years. Take it from a 60 year old that's raised a family and worked forever. Ya never really know what's around the corner. Trust me on this.
alright, ill take your advice. im thinking ill just add more mollies, thanks

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back